Precursor Games Update

Discussion in 'Announcement Archive' started by Denis Dyack, Sep 27, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Guest have you seen our new YouTube Channel: The Quantum Tunnel?

The Quantum Tunnel 

Check it out here!

Share This Page

1. I know the guys said that they want people to continue participating and I think it'd be a good idea so that it doesn't feel like it's just three people clinging to it (because it totally isn't). So you guys that are sticking around volunteer to guest host. It'll be hell on your sleep schedule but it's loads of fun. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. totally agree there :) I dont mind guest hosting myself, hope to do so later

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. just a thought, while development for the game itself is on hold the development of the game's universe should continue. there are many things that can still be accomplished that are not dependent on there being a game at all; all the stuff in the Ephemeral Codex is a major example, the lore and history of this world that's been created can continue to expand. there's also the enemy design forums, we're trying to populate 9+ universes with life, even if the designs wouldn't make it into this game so what.
    there's also stuff that the staff could continue to do, there are elder gods to pick, and magick to be designed(alignments, the magick language, spells, and the fundamentals of how magick actually functions(i posted a thread attempting to offer up a possible theory, i guess it wasn't all that popular)) all of this simply for the aesthetics of what i imagine to become a large collection of games.

just because this one game has been halted doesn't mean the game is over;).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Codex Worthy (positive) Codex Worthy (positive) x 3
  4. I agree completely

Also @TheInfernalFangirl, sounds like you wanna come play deadspace with us!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I think @Onikafei and I both do! :D We can title the podcast episode "The Estrogen Invasion"...or...not...no that's a terrible idea scrap that.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Balgin the Dwarf

Local Time:
    7:13 PM
    "Call us not dead gods. We do but sleep."

Probably a rather long sleep, unfortunately. But it's also probably a wise course of action for now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Spot On J2K

Local Time:
    2:13 PM
    I hate to hear this news, but I really appreciate you guys keeping the forum going and hanging around. This is the best community I've been part of in a long time. I plan to stay here indefinitely, even if I'm not as active as I'd like to be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. I havent played dead space. because Im terrible in scary games. I know some friends want me to do a amnesia stream.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks and best of luck for the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Sorry to hear the news. Thanks for for everyones hard work in trying to get this game off the ground. Hopefully in time things come together and it will happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. My biggest dream for the current generation is still to play SotE on Wii U and PC
    Lets see what will come

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. That's it I'm becoming a high-powered corporate executive and running a game company one day JUST so I can publish this game.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. THANK YOU! i've been waiting for one of you guys to say that for WEEKS! SHHEEEEESH

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Can...can we name your company Kittie Tentacles Interactive? I'm sorry, your profile pic just makes me so happy...

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Think I have finally gave up on any chance of eternal darkness sequel anymore and wont put my hopes for one at all. After all this, I can honestly say, I am no longer going to support Nintendo. After having hope for eternal darkness after all these years, I am very much frusterated at how they have not cared about this ip over the years(along with how they have handled some other ips as well). Thanks PG for trying to bring back a great game that many wished to have had and your ideas where amazing as well. Not sure what you guys are going to do, rather find funds for another project or the members go to another company but I wish you guys well in whatever you guys do. Thanks for trying to bring back a great game and that. If you guys do stick together, I think a game for the phone,tablets, pc, android market would be a good choice to do. Not dealing with as many retards out there and it is a different type of gamers. Plus you already have a good amount of people using them as well. Best of luck in your futures.

16. im not really going to rate your post because it doesn't seem like it would matter, but i don't really think nintendo had anything to do with this project man, eternal darkness was a second party game, the development of it is mostly out of big N's hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Unfortunately a lot of people have been doing a bit of revisionist history during the campaign trying to make it sound as if everything good that came out of Eternal Darkness was all Nintendo's doing (because Ninty totally wrote the awesome story, characters, and made the sanity effects right?) and that Silicon Knights were clueless children who couldn't tie their shoelaces together much less make a game without the big N's help. Never mind that Ninty has a low tolerance for devs who are broken or are difficult to work with (see Retro Studios pre-Miyamoto culling).

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. The reason for the most part I have been frusterated with Nintendo, was for someone who needs games and someone that owns the ip on eternal darkness, you would think they would have helped support the game. It would have gave them a much needed game and if it sold well, it would have gave them the option of keeping their own ip eternal darkness alive. As a fan of Nintendo over the years and having to watch all the hate for PG, I would have thought Nintendo would have had some support for the project but I didn't see any. To me that just tells me how they run their business now days. Nintendo should have every reason to want this game to come out, if you think about it. Not like the money PG was asking for was much at all. So even though Nintendo doesn't have much in this project, my frusteration is because they have every reason to have a part in the project and have not. For the most part, I am blowing off years of steam right now and I am blaming nintendo lol. Can't say I am not frusterated at all.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  19. Well, companies these days own IP's just for the sake of owning IP's. They don't want to let them go for the off-chance they may once again become popular in someone else's holding, so they'll just be content to sit on it so that chance never even occurs. And Nintendo definitely isn't doing much supporting for indie's as others.

I think a lot of bad timing affected this project too. Such as the fact the Wii U userbase and general outlook on the system has been pretty dim for the most part, so having it as lead console probably didn't aid much as one might have thought. I'd also believe that most fans of Eternal Darkness have long since become owners of the other consoles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. I have to disagree with you Brother Tobi lol
    Nintendo has done a lot to incentive Indies In fact it is receiving a lot of praise by several indie developers
    In terms of Wii U userbase, you are correct, the Wii U has a low userbase and so has PS4 and XOne
    PC, Wii U, X360 and PS3 should have been the consoles PG aimed IMO
    Other fact is, although ED received very good reception on critical sites and players, it sold fairly poor :(
    Yet, from what i have seen on several forums, what really damaged the success of SotE was all the negative towards PG

• Agree Agree x 2