Precursor Games Update

Discussion in 'Announcement Archive' started by Denis Dyack, Sep 27, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Guest have you seen our new YouTube Channel: The Quantum Tunnel?

The Quantum Tunnel 

Check it out here!

Share This Page

1. alan666

Local Time:
    2:53 PM
    is this the end then ?

2. II ARROWS

Local Time:
    3:53 PM
    You should send emails for things like this... I don't like learning about this from a website.

Please, send a newsletter to everyone the next time you'll wake up the project.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. II ARROWS

Local Time:
    3:53 PM
    Just play Call of Cthulhu...

Possibly not Call of Cthulhu d20...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  4. you maam. . . . just keep having great ideas! I've only done a super minimal amount of RP but if i can help let me know!

5. NAH! we ain't near the end, the new beginning we were hoping for will just be over another far horizon, we just need to stay vigilant for it, and more importantly have fun in the mean time.

6. Zoe DidiKitty

Local Time:
    Ill be happy to look into adapting the call of chutulu system d10 version for this if @Spottyblanket and others are intrested in helping. Maybe set up a rp forum section to play it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zoe DidiKitty

Local Time:
    fate system especially the dresden files versiob also would work

8. I'm down... I just unpacked my bag of dice yesterday. :D It's been almost 10 years since I did any D&D authoring and the last experience was super unhappy so I'm ready to give it another shot. ;) Lead the way oh Spotty One!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. It is understandable that this would have been the most likely outcome when you think about it. These guys have been working completely out-of-pocket for a year on this stuff and without any funds at all. That is simply unsustainable without more money, which of course is why they tried to go crowd-funding.

Since that didn't work there's no way you can simply continue to work on it when each of the team members have their own personal obligations to meet with bills and more bills and families to provide for no doubt.

Best chance for the future is to find more private sources of investment, since they were lucky enough to find some parties who were kind enough to finance half the budget should things have worked out, they just need to find more.

Though if crowd-funding ever does happen again down the road, I'd suggest simply doing the Paypal/Indiegogo route and forget kickstarter despite whatever bitching some circles might do.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 6
  10. Blackbishop

Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    I haven't wrote from a while, but I read this news on destructoid... it is a shame but it has to be done :(... a man cannot live only with dreams.

Feel free to notify me by email when you plan to resurrect this project :). I still believe Shadow of the Eternals is not a lost cause.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Does PG has other things in mind?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm awaiting the Sharknado announcement..

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. SHarknado would be awesome :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. As far as predictions go, I will actually echo what I felt was going to be the case even before this latest news. That in all likelihood there won't be anything solid news-wise until next year. I know there are calls for them to start working on a smaller project. But well, again we run into the money problem where you need money in order to do work full-time if you want to provide. Not to mention the time it'd take to create a new project from scratch. Without an infusion of funds this is unlikely.

That said, I firmly believe that there are quite a lot of passionate people for this project within the industry itself who would want to help make this a reality, even on a volunteer-only basis. It is a unique and creative idea that you just don't see anywhere else. Heck, I'd like to hope that PG could take a trip out to GDC next year and really get a lot of players in the industry involved, even just as consultants or again, volunteers and supporters who'd be eager to help.

Well we will see. My main hope at the moment is that the PG team and Denis in particular just get a lot of rest and to wish them well and take care of themselves. They've endured an arduous process that most people would never put up with. Hopefully they'll drop in from time to time and just shoot the breeze with us and talk about whatever. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Our team needs to decompress, they've been through hell for us and in all honesty didn't come out unscathed. Give our boys time, and well see our dreams rising again.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. I Hope so :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Quite true. It is so easy to forget that some of these guys were working solid 24/7 shifts at certain points and running from place to place and interview to interview, and all that before getting into all the depressing stuff that occurred. After working on something for a year or more without pay and seeing it dragged through the mud and all your hard work and efforts being mocked and denigrated has got to really hurt. I'd wish this on no one. And hope they can get all the time, help and rest to move forward.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I gotta say that I was definitely bummed to see this news. I'll admit though that I had seen the silence on the forum as a sign that this could be a reasonable possibility although I didn't want to admit it. With that said, while I may have to wait a bit longer to finally get the successor to one of my favorite games I am incredibly thankful for everything that this experience has brought me. I don't think that it can ever be said enough, but my time with this community has been one of the best things. I definitely feel like I have made some great new friends and the idea that we are like family is something that I have never thought to be more true.

This experience also brought our little community podcast together and I'm very thankful for how Order 333 came together and everything that has come out of that, which as I say every week on the podcast thread that it always has been a labor of love for this community. We mentioned it a few weeks ago near the end of the Kickstarter, but we are so proud of how it all came together and all of the people that have supported us through the last four months (FOUR MONTHS! I can't believe it's been that long!) Thanks to everyone who has joined us for our inarguably long recording sessions: @Sean , @Tobi , @SaMuS , @Onikafei , @bloodraven43 , @NLoyalist , @TheInfernalFangirl , @DUHH , @LexLeigh @Aaron Unger and anyone else I may have forgotten. We have no plans to stop what we've been doing, we've been having a blast and the podcasts will continue! The door is always open for any of you to come and chat with us each week! We love you guys!

@Phil Haymes Thanks fo' all tha support you've given our asses muthapucka! We've always appreciated tha shout outs n' tha love. Da random Skype chats, especially afta a all night podcast session done been so memorable. Keep it realz up in touch! Peace!

@Denis Dyack I didn't forget you! Just wanted to save the best for last! It's been truly an honor to get to talk to you these past few months. Being able to to talk to you about Eternal Darkness and your passion for this industry is something that I will never forget. I know you won't be too far out of reach, but if there is anything I can ever do for you just let me know! I'd love to help in any way that I can!

Seriously guys and gals - Thank you everyone for everything! I truly don't have words to express how appreciative I am of all of you!

• Codex Worthy (positive) x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Unique (positive) x 1
  19. @ClashOfPenguin ....im glad your keeping it going cause you never know...something may turn around for precursor games at any time.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Sharknado, Shark Tank... something with a shark is required, I feel. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1