Precursor Games Update

Discussion in 'Announcement Archive' started by Denis Dyack, Sep 27, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Guest have you seen our new YouTube Channel: The Quantum Tunnel?

The Quantum Tunnel 

Check it out here!

Share This Page

1. Brandon you actually took the words out of my mouth, but if i may add one thing.

Thank you to the team who appreciated us, you saw value in the individuality of the masses, and you allowed us to be a part of something that would have otherwise been a dream.

Even if the winds of time and life scatter us, we will return.
    you put your faith in us, so we still have faith in you.

(and don't forget! the pod cast aint going no where!)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Gotta add to the echo chamber here with you guys. I've had more excitement for this project than most anything else that has come out this year by far, and that is thanks to the Precursor team who really drove through the community involvement and helped foster such a welcoming creative environment that anyone could participate in. So much enjoyment that was had and so many friends that were made. Shows how amazing the idea truly is.

I sure won't be going anywhere, not as long as the idea and the dream exist, so too shall I exist....uh...kinda... o_O

... I guess it's back to "Tsuki no Me Keikaku" for now...:shifty: (then I can create a world where SotE is a reality!!!)

• Like Like x 2
  3. I guess I'll still cosplay Bathory for Halloween. I have no place else to wear this insane dress. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. This whole thing has taught me a few things:
    - Denis Dyack is a great person, and all the mistakes he's made are ones that I would have likely made myself in his situation.
    - Eternal Darkness is an awesome game and its fans are the greatest people ever.
    - Had I really managed to follow through with the ED ARG I had planned, I might have had a bad time.
    - All I did in preparation for that ARG I published here in some form, and it was exactly the right place and time.
    - Working a full-time job and taking part in this awesome community is not a thing I can manage to do.

I want to thank ALL of you guys. I had a blast of a time during the first week of this forum. All the hard work I had put in was rewarded... the feedback was awesome. Everything everyone else did was amazing.

I don't know much about what happened after that week, but from the little I do know that it was still amazing. Different, but still so powerful and special. Thanks to everyone involved at any stage.

But the greatest thanks go to Precursor. You put in all this effort, money and time, for a dream, for an idea, for us. Of course there was a marketing idea behind it, but you just showed so much respect for everything and everyone. Respect for your concept, and respect for the players. I mean you could just shovel out a mini game from the material you do have to cover some of your losses, if you were only after the money. Instead, you keep this forum open at your expense while putting the project on hold. I also deeply respect the insistence that there shall be no tacked-on multiplayer mode.

I wish you guys all the very best. And I wish I could have been along for the largest part of the ride.

Yes, I've changed my avatar to the one I'm trying to use everywhere on the net. The other one belonged to the character I RP'd during week 1, and I didn't want to change it unless I was sure I will never play him again. Oh well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Codex Worthy (positive) Codex Worthy (positive) x 1
  5. Drain

Local Time:
    9:53 AM
    It sure sounds like a dead project to me. You're trying to word it in an optimistic way but the sad truth is that it's probably a lost cause that's getting logs ready for its funeral. I'm thankful for the update but you should now probably shutdown the forum and save yourself the server costs. Not much reason for any of this to exist anymore except for those holding on to blind or empty hope. I won't be coming here anymore myself. Other folks want to hang around, you can, but there are already much larger and established forum communities to be a part of. SotE was the point of this one, no SotE Development, no point. This'll probably be my last forum post. It's time to move on. Send me an Email if the project ever gets revived. PG should probably just seek work for hire now. No one is going to back any of its own projects enough to succeed from crowd funding campaigns. That's been proved twice now, and it was with a title that was able to draw attention/revenue from an extremely successful original.

Goodbye SoTE. GL PG.

• Troll Post (negative) Troll Post (negative) x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. That's really all you needed to say. I dunno what favors you thought you were doing others with the rest of it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. sad news D: but Ill always be around to watch for an update! hopefully over the next few years and after you guys take a break we will see something great! best of luck and keep in touch with everyone!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Namkrow

Local Time:
    9:53 AM
    Bummer. But I am curious why Denis would post a message and not have parts concerning himself be in first person. Typed by someone else and posted by Denis? Whatever the reason, that's odd. Anyway, I for one wasn't expecting to see Shadow of the Eternals got the funding it needed anytime soon or was nearing completion, so confirmation that it's officially on the back burner comes as no surprise to me. That said, I don't think I'm going anywhere unless the forum gets shut down. I'm already less active here now than when the campaign was still going on, but I still log on every day to see what's going on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. erbkaiser

erbkaiser Novice

Local Time:
    3:53 PM
    Sad but understandable. I hope that this is not the last of the game, but if time off is what is needed now, take all the time you need.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Miskonius

Miskonius New Member

Local Time:
    3:53 PM
    Well I am sorry to hear that, we at hardwarepal.com did like the idea of this game (although we didn't play ED:SR) and we did our best in supporting as well as promoting it.
    Denis Dyack if there are any updates concerning SOTE or maybe you decide to relaunch the kickstarter campaign feel free to let us know.
    We will do everything we can.

Thank you for all of your efforts!

• Like Like x 3
  11. thank you, from the community that means alot

(also @TheInfernalFangirl i want to see this cosplay!)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. As far as the forum goes, I'd like it to stay open, just because even if SotE is on the backburner for a prolonged period of time, that doesn't mean what we have here should go to waste. Heck, I may still want to do some creative things and ideas even given the current status, some might scoff at that, but I believe you don't need a good reason to be creative, especially when it concerns what truly is an amazing idea and universe at the core of what SotE is. Not to mention being able to still interact with all the great people here who had their hearts into it, even if it is on a reduced level.

That said, maybe the forum could be reconfigured and condensed a bit since it probably doesn't need so many subforums, if server costs do become an issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. the forums will stay open guys, i believe denis

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zoe DidiKitty

Local Time:
    2:53 PM
    Can't deny I'm not saddened by this. I will linger still . we can't let the bonds we have formed in the order and the forum fail. I hope Sote will resurface on day. continue. To create content as one distant day it may be the spark that signals sote return.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. What a sad story of unrealized hopes, for now. Perhaps in the fullness of time the story will have a happier ending, and something that is worthy of being realized is in fact made real. For now, it was a worthy fight, fought with honor and integrity, against unexpectedly vicious odds.

We are all creative people, and many other creative people have seen the efforts here. What has been made here is worthwhile and will reverberate.

Good people, take heart. Thanks for fighting the good fight. I'll be around so stay in touch!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Drain, how about if we don't call you. Why beat around the bush? You posted a wordy tirade and flounced out of the KS chatroll and said you were going, yet now you've come back to so kindly run lemon juice in a paper cut. There's a difference between facing reality and being an ass. So how about you get stuffed and take your negativity elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. skeeter149

skeeter149 New Member

Local Time:
    6:53 AM
    sad indeed, but with the passion you guys have and the drive, in no way is this the end. i am sorry the team has poured so much love and soul into this project and ran into a fork. i wish it would of funded and been finished and been as good as i know it could of been. dont give up hope and dont let this stumble take you out of the race! keep us updated, let us know what we can do and lets keep it alive! take the time you need but please dont forget the fans are waiting.

• Like Like x 2
  18. It does make sense, after all you guys have families at home and have to be realistic. I hope it comes back together and we get another shot at this because I think we got something good going here.
    To all the wonderful people here, this is a fan and awesome place - and you are generally the nicest people on the internet, straight up.

....So....Eternal Darkness D&D anyone? 0_0 We have concept art, ideas - campaign settings and a bucketful of stories. We just need to fine tune it and apply it to a system. Who knows, maybe we can make some money that way? Anyone in?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1

19. Spotty that's a Really cool idea, we do have a rediculous amount of assests lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I have always wanted an Eternal Darkness RP but while the first game was amazing - there was never enough source material. Now with all of this stuff, the Gods - the enemy design, etc - we have all the stuff needed.

It would have to be separate from the precursor idea, but with @Denis Dyack 's permission we could still use the wheel and whatnot. It would be a good way to draw in a whole new fanbase. If we really get cracking it could be turned into a kickstarter project to help fund this game and would be a nice little prelude/prequel into the main game. Intense world building!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Unique (positive) Unique (positive) x 1